Frequently Asked Questions


The following are “Frequently Asked Questions” about the case.

If you do not find an answer to your question here:

  • Documents such as the Complaint can be found by clicking here.
  • You can write the Remission Administrator at the address listed here.
What is this case about?

The wire fraud offenses which give rise to the civil forfeiture action involved an international Ponzi/Pyramid scheme operated by Evolution Market Group – doing business as – Finanzas Forex, DWB Holding Company, Superior International Investments Corporation, German Cardona, Daniel Rojo Filho, Pedro Benevides and others in which investors were defrauded out of millions of dollars.

These individuals/entities used the victim-investors’ funds to perpetuate the fraud scheme and for their own personal enrichment. Victim-investors’ funds were used fund personal bank accounts, pay off personal expenses, and to buy several vehicles.

What is forfeiture?

Forfeiture occurs when a court of law declares the proceeds of a crime to be the property of the government.

What is remission?

Remission is the process by which forfeited assets are returned to the victims of the crime underlying the forfeiture. Authority to grant remission rests with the United States Attorney General, as delegated to the Asset Forfeiture and Money Laundering Section of the U.S. Department of Justice. The remission process is set forth in the Code of Federal Regulations, Chapter 28, Part 9 (2012).

Who is eligible to receive remission?

Persons who incurred a financial loss because of investment with Evolution Market Group doing business as Finanzas Forex may be eligible for remission.

What do I need to do to receive remission?

To receive remission, you must submit a Petition Form to the Remission Administrator. If you received a Petition form in the mail, you can submit a Petition form here using the claim number and PIN printed on your form, or you can mail your remission form to the Remission Administrator.

If you did not receive a Petition Form in the mail, you can still file a Petition form online using your email address or you can download a form here. You may also request a petition form be mailed to you by calling toll-free (855) 763-9455 and speaking to a customer service agent.

You must complete all information requested on the form, sign it under the penalty of perjury, and include sufficient documentary evidence of your transactions.

Do I have to fill out a petition form if I already submitted a victim information sheet?

Yes, even if you already submitted a victim information sheet, you must also fill out a petition form in order to be considered for remission.

What is the deadline for submitting my Petition Form?

The deadline for submitting your Petition form electronically is July 14, 2016. If you mail your Petition form to the Remission Administrator, it must be postmarked no later than July 14, 2016.

How much will I receive if my remission request is approved?

The amount of each victim’s recovery will not be known until the petition review process is completed.

Do I have to send any money?

No, do not send any money to the Remission Administrator or to any persons claiming to represent the United States Government. All expenses associated with the remission process are paid through the United States Government.

Please note Analytics is the only authorized Remission Administrator for this case.

You do not need to hire your own attorney to participate in the Remission process. Hiring an attorney to represent you will not result in receiving money sooner than if you did not hire an attorney and you will have to pay the attorney representing you a percentage of any Remission funds you are granted.

When will remissions be paid?

We do not know when remissions will be paid. The Remission process will likely take a considerable amount of time. The Remission Administrator will update website once definite timelines are established.

Do I give up any legal rights by submitting a Petition Form?

No. Persons who submit a Petition Form do not lose any legal rights or claims they may have against Evolution Market Group.

What happens if I do nothing?

If you do not submit a Petition Form, you will not receive any distribution from the forfeited funds, even if you would be eligible for remission.

How do I get more information?

More information is available on this website. You can also send an email to

If you have additional questions, please call toll-free (855) 763-9455 to speak to a customer service agent.